"The Book is Always Better than the Movie"

At least that's what everyone says...there are always people who are disappointed when a book gets turned into a movie. I, for one, am an optimist and I always look forward to it. I feel like it's extremely difficult to take all of the emotion and character and plot development that gets wrapped up in a book and put it into a two and a half hour film. There are so many limitations that film writers and directors have so it's always an adventure to see what interpretations and liberties they've taken with the story.

I even have a whole page dedicated to the comparisons between books and movies. So I thought it was kinda cool today when I was reading in Glamour magazine and came across this article:



Movie vs. Book Smackdown! She lists three books turned movies that she is excited for... The Light Between Oceans, Queen of Katwe, and The Girl on the Train. I haven't read any of these but I'm interested to see what I can find out about them. Maybe they'd be worth putting on my to-read list. Have any of you heard about them??

Comments

Danita said…
Leah, I know you have seen Forrest Gump and have the book. Since I have never read the book, what do you think in that case? Did the movie do the book justice? I'd love to hear your opinion!

Popular Posts