Recent Readings

It's been a long time since I last posted. But I realized that I've been reading more this school year than I ever have before. So I knew it was about time that I should be writing more reviews and sharing what I've been reading with other people.

So here is just a small sampling of what I've read lately and a few short thoughts:

Image result for max einstein

Max Einstein: The Genius Experiment is a great book for middle readers who love science. This books is about a girl named Max who loves science and Albert Einstein. She ends up teaming up with a dozen other kids who are also geniuses to solve global problems and save the world!


Image result for last day on marsImage result for last day on mars

The Chronicle of the Dark Star series is my new favorite. The first two books, Last Day on Mars and The Oceans Between Stars, are already out. I am so sad right now that I have to wait until the next book comes out in February. They are about the journey of humans who have had to abandon their home on Earth for Mars--which is also now in danger of being destroyed. So they must now journey to an even farther planet in hopes for survival.

Image result for the house with chicken legs

The House with Chicken Legs is a great version of the Baba Yaga folk tale. It is the adventure of a young girl and how she learns to accept destiny and responsibility. I really loved it--what a creative book!

Image result for the girl who drank the moon

This book was recommended by several other teachers in my department. We have all loved this very magical book. It is about a young girl and the world of magic and how it can mend hearts and bring people together! Check out this awesome podcast episode of Book Club for Kids where they discuss The Girl Who Drank the Moon. You can even hear an excerpt of the book!

Anyway, I hope to keep you updated on more awesome YA and middle grade books!

Comments

Popular Posts